Corona SVG Level Builder is a set of libraries to be used in a Corona SDK game that allows you to create Corona SDK physics based games, levels and maps by just drawing in the free and open source vector drawing Inkscape. Everything you draw in Inkscape is automatically converted into Corona physics bodies or paths.
It supports almost every Inkscape tool, allowing the creation of simple (rectangles, ellipses) to very complex physics bodies and paths (bezier paths). Then you can set physical properties and attributes (density, friction, vertices, etc) direct into Inkscape, without ever programming them. It supports all Corona SDK physics properties.
With it you only have to program the game logic itself. You won’t have to worry about element placement and positioning, which can be very time consuming when done by hand.
What kinds of games can you make with it?
With the Corona SVG Level Builder you can create and edit Corona SDK physics based games and levels by just drawing in Inkscape and then setting physics properties with the built in Inkscape XML editor. Corona SVG Level Builder allows you to create very simple levels with just a few elements to very complex levels with lots of physics curves, complex terrains and lots of elements (example: an Incredible Machine like game).
Drag and drop level and physics editor.
Examples of games that can be created:
- Top view racing games.
- Labyrinths and mazes.
- Slingshot based games.
Basically: any physics based game and level based game.
Not only that, but you also get a FULL GAME SOURCE CODE!
The source code teaches you all details you have to put together to release a game (menus, multiple levels, pausing, etc). Details below.
- Everything you draw in Inskcape is transformed into a physics body or path. Example: if you draw a bezier path it will be transformed into a complex terrain, with perfect physics collisions and interactions. See more.
- Support to Inkscape Rectangles, Ellipses, Bezier Paths, Spirals, Freehand lines, Calligraphy lines and Stars (see table below).
- Five levels of Physics Properties Settings, which you can easily change and that will affect all bodies of your game, of a level or just specific bodies. See more.
- Physical properties assigning and updating direct into Inkscape. Example: assign density and angular velocity to a body direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Physical Materials that allow you to group attributes of bodies that share the same properties, so you can easily update, add and remove attributes affecting all related bodies. See more.
- Support to multiple layers where you can group common objects and order them. See more.
- True resolution independence and dynamic scaling with only one level you draw. See more.
- Attributes Aliasing so you don’t have to keep typing long property names. See more.
- Background Images to your levels direct assigned and positioned in Inkscape. See more.
- Composite Backgrounds. See more.
- Assign Images to your Bodies direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Create your levels with Spritesheets. It evens support multiple spritesheets in the same level. See more.
- Add animations direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Set Custom Shaped Bodies direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Load your levels and physics bodies with just one line of code. See more.
- Easily deal with the bodies you drew, so you can easily interact with them and detect what collide with what. See more.
- Load Multiple Levels and SVG files in the same scene, so you can have different game skins and types of objects across multiple external files. See more.
- There are so many features that it is hard to describe here! Check Complete and Extensive Documentation. See more.
- Lots of Examples, so you learn by practice. Examples include how to add touch and detect collisions on your levels; scrolling levels; animations and multiple spritesheets.
Full Comercial Game Source Code Included
- Camera control.
- Swipe and tap zoom.
- Characters animations.
- Tap and drag controls.
- Main Menu
- Chapter Selection -> Level Selection in a chapter.
- Story reader.
- Pause menu with restart, go to level selection, continue game, sounds on/off.
- Game Won / Lost overlay.
- Three different ranks according to the score made.
- Leaderboards with Game Center.
- A rudimentary multi-language scheme.
- Scenes and game flow management.
- Asset caching and management.
- Multi-resolution (iOS only, not ready for Android).
Supported Inkscape Drawing Tools
|Rectangles and squares|
|Circles and ellipses|
|Bezier curves and straight lines|
|Calligraphic and brush strokes|
|Stars and polygons|
|Freehand lines (not recommended)|
Buy now and download instantly
Almost 25% off!
US$ 129.90 => US$ 99.90
Everyone who buys get lifetime updates. That means if you buy now for this very low price you will get all examples, game templates and new features.
1) Once the first examples are released, the price will rise to US$ 59.90. Version 1.3 is out with examples, price increased.
2) Version 1.5 is out with a full game source code (Angry Trolls), price increased.
3) Once the Roadmap features are implemented, the price will rise to the final value of US$ 129.90.
NOTE: Since this is a source code library, which you get all the done work, the product and money are not refundable. Then, before buying, make sure you understand what this product is all about. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime: http://karnakgames.com/wp/contact/ or check our forums: http://levelbuilder.karnakgames.com/forum.
If you need anything, have any troubles and/or questions please post here: http://levelbuilder.karnakgames.com/forum.
You can also post feature requests and showcase your game! Announcements will also be posted on the forum (as well as Twitter, Blog and of course, the newsletter).