Gideros SVG Level Builder is a set of libraries to be used in a Gideros game that allows you to create Gideros physics based games, levels and maps by just drawing in the free and open source vector drawing Inkscape. Everything you draw in Inkscape is automatically converted into Gideros physics bodies and sprites.
It supports drawing ellipses and rectangles in Inkscape tool. Then you can set physical properties and attributes (density, friction, etc) and image/animations attributes direct into Inkscape, without ever programming them. It supports all Gideros physics properties.
With it you only have to program the game logic itself. You won’t have to worry about element placement and positioning, which can be very time consuming when done by hand.
What kinds of games can you make with it?
With Gideros SVG Level Builder you can create and edit Gideros physics based games and levels by just drawing in Inkscape and then setting physics properties with the built in Inkscape XML editor. Gideros SVG Level Builder allows you to create very simple levels with just a few elements to very complex levels with lots of animations, attributes and elements (example: an Incredible Machine like game). After you develop your main game logic, you can edit and update your game elements and attributes without touching the Lua source code!
Drag and drop level and physics editor.
Examples of games that can be created:
- Top view racing games.
- Labyrinths and mazes.
- Slingshot based games.
- Infinite running and jumping games.
- Randomized games.
Basically: any physics based game and level based game.
- Everything you draw in Inskcape is transformed into a physics body. Example: if you draw a an ellipse it will be a physical ellipse with its related properties. See more.
- Support to Inkscape Rectangles and Ellipses (see table below).
- Five levels of Physics Properties Settings, which you can easily change and that will affect all bodies of your game, of a level or just specific bodies. See more.
- Physical properties assigning and updating direct into Inkscape. Example: assign density and angular velocity to a body direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Physical Materials that allow you to group attributes of bodies that share the same properties, so you can easily update, add and remove attributes affecting all related bodies. See more.
- Support to multiple layers where you can group common objects and order them. See more.
- Attributes Aliasing so you don’t have to keep typing long property names. See more.
- Background Images to your levels direct assigned and positioned in Inkscape. See more.
- Composite Backgrounds. See more.
- Assign Images to your Bodies direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Create your levels with Spritesheets. It evens support multiple spritesheets in the same level. See more.
- An amazing and flexible animation system, which you add and update direct into Inkscape. See more.
- Load your levels and physics bodies with just one line of code. See more.
- Easily deal with the bodies you drew, so you can easily interact with them and detect what collide with what. See more.
- There are so many features that it is hard to describe here! Check Complete and Extensive Documentation. See more.
- Lots of Examples, so you learn by practice. Examples include how to add touch and detect collisions on your levels; scrolling levels; animations and multiple spritesheets.
Supported Inkscape Drawing Tools
|Rectangles and squares|
|Circles and ellipses|
Buy now and download instantly
Almost 70% off!
US$ 129.90 => US$ 39.90
Everyone who buys get lifetime updates. That means if you buy now for this very low price you will get all examples, game templates and new features.
Once the Roadmap features are implemented, the price will rise to the final value of US$ 129.90.
NOTE: Since this is a source code library, which you get all the done work, the product and money is not refundable. Then, before buying, make sure you understand what this product is all about. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime: http://karnakgames.com/wp/contact/ or check our forums: http://gideros.karnakgames.com/forum.
- Support to all Inkscape drawing tools.
- Support to physics paths, bezier curves and complex terrains.
- Resolution Independence support and example.
- Platformer Game Kit.
If you need anything, have any troubles and/or questions please post here: http://gideros.karnakgames.com/forum.
You can also post feature requests and showcase your game! Announcements will also be posted on the forum (as well as Twitter, Blog and of course, the newsletter).