15 years old spanish teen that made a successful iPhone game and contributes to Cocos2D (wrote CCArray as a substitute to NSArray = performance): Manuel Martínez-Almeida from http://abstractionworks.com/ – I started when I was 8, but with web programming, so very impressive! Congratulations Manuel!
- The top AppStore sellers have some good inspirational stories: Lima Sky (Doodle Jump – 5 million downloads), Demiforce (Trism – one of the first iPhone game dev and “From Rags to Riches“), Ethan Nicholas (iShoot history).
- All of Pangeasoft‘s (Brian Greenstone) videos are educative, fun and inspirational. Engimo‘s history and video is very interesting. Also don’t forget to check all of his videos.
Ethan Nicholas, developer of a tank artillery game called iShoot, told Wired.com he quit his job the day his app rose to No. 1 in the App Store, earning him $37,000 in a single day.
- Studied the concepts behind Cocos2D via More iPhone Cool Projects and the official Wiki.
- Downloaded a bunch of open source iPhone apps and 4 cocos2d games.
Some Cocos2D API:
- Actions simultaneously: Spawn
- Actions one after another: Sequence
- CallFunc: put it as a param to a sequence/spawn